The MySQL Development team is proud to announce a new version of the MySQL Shell which includes the following features:
- Support for importing BSON data.
- Ability to show column type information when executing SQL.
- Addition of command line options to lower the verbosity when the shell starts.
The MySQL Development team is proud to announce a new version of the MySQL Shell which in addition to the usual bug fixes and enhancements to the existing components, offers new features we expect are quite useful in your day to day work.…
Pluggable Password Store
This feature which is enabled by default, allows the Shell using an external component “Secret Store”, to persist session passwords in a secure way. Whenever a new session is created while working with the shell in interactive mode, the option to persist the password for the session will be made available.…
The MySQL Shell has a collection of commands and APIs that allow performing a variety of tasks on MySQL instances interactively or through scripts.
MySQL Document Store
In MySQL 8.0 a new stack of components is introduced, turning MySQL to a competitive Document Store solution.
The MySQL Document Store takes advantage of existing capabilities including:
- Efficient and safe data management from the InnoDB storage engine
- ACID compliance and Transactional Operations
- High Availability with Group Replication and InnoDB cluster
One of the most attractive components introduced in MySQL 8.0 is a development API (DevAPI) that enables you to create JSON document based applications through a fluent API.…